Logo

Bf225 trim advice needed asap thanks

Hey fellas my name is diango and i am new to this forums as you can see by my post count. Recently purchased a 31' island runner with twin 225's. Well the trim on the port motor started having issues so i took apart the pump assembly because the manual release valve was stuck and broken by previous owner. Anyways i took it apart and when releasing the three hex bolts fluid poured out and a very small jet like part fell into my collection pan. Now its resembles a small nitrous jet, its the best i can relate it to. Small round and a tiny hole in the middle. Since oil was dripping i could not tell what tiny hole it came out of. I had a new pump and valve overnighted to me and will attempt the install today and refill the fluid to see if i can get it to work. I need your knowledge strength to reach my goal. Thank you so much guys and gals. Its my first boat with outboards so bear with me and the engines are 2002's....thanks

Success, thanks mike. After receiving the new pump i narrowed it down to the smallest orifice the collar would fit into and its that one that you described. Any of the other holes the tiny part would just fall in... So all is well i managed to install and bleed the system last night. Today i'll bleed some more air out but trim and tilt are working now. I also put antiseize in the release valve and all the screws to make sure my issue does not happen again and cost me a grand like it did now. All because of a 75 dollar stuck valve. Unbelievable. Thanks mike.

Back