Logo

tohatsu TLDI 90 problem, help need!

gym1307

Hello, I have problem whit my Tohatsu. My motor is TLDI 90 2004. MD90B.
It has only 14 hours, it was in shop as new many years and it is like new. Last summer worked ok and now when I want to start it it just cranking whitout start, like there is no fuel or stop switch off. I can not hear feed fuel pump when turn on key. Vapor separator is full of gas and case of feed fuel pump is full of gas when pumped whit prime pump on fuel line.
I try to remove outlet from feed fuel pump toward high pressure filter and turn on key and gas is not coming out of fuel pump.
I would think that it would blow fuel out when key turned on as it has to pressurised fuel in rail.

No fault codes at self diagnostic.
Is my feed fuel pump broken from sitting for 10 months. I hear that gas can melt and stick plastic parts inside pump when not working long period. Servise of Tohatsu is not close to my home.

Also today I took out feed fuel pump from case and put it directly to battery and pump in glass of gasoline. First it was not spininig I was hearing just click, click,click and then it starts spining but weak, and can not blow gasolin out from glass.

Thanks in adwance Darko!

Sounds like an ffp issue. Possibly due to old, bad gas sitting in the ffp. Diagnose the wiring to the pump first, as it's easily done. Take ohm readings on the pump. Those diags should lead you in the right direction.

Sounds like an ffp issue. Possibly due to old, bad gas sitting in the ffp. Diagnose the wiring to the pump first, as it's easily done. Take ohm readings on the pump. Those diags should lead you in the right direction.

Did not mesure readings on pump but when I connect it to baterry it was hot I could not touch it in 20 seconds after it start spinning but not producing any pressure. It done click for 3-4 times and start spininng weak and whit no pressure making, then hot like hell in 20 sec.

Thanks, I will order new pump. Wirings are like new, no foults on self diagnostic, I assumed that if it was wiring problem fuse will burn or some code would be on selfdiagnostic.

The complete assembly is a bit pricey:
3T5043100M, $638.56

Hopefully the case and etc. is OK. If so, you will want to get:
3T5043020M ELECTRIC FUEL PUMP-CARTRIDGE, $392.86

Still not cheap, but at about 1/2 the cost, worth considering.

The complete assembly is a bit pricey:
3T5043100M, $638.56

Hopefully the case and etc. is OK. If so, you will want to get:
3T5043020M ELECTRIC FUEL PUMP-CARTRIDGE, $392.86

Still not cheap, but at about 1/2 the cost, worth considering.

case s ok and everithing else is also ok.
I know it is pricey, here at Europa they want 1400 usd just for fuel pump cartridge and waiting 40 days for part after advance payment !!!:mad:
I will order online :)

Any US dealer (assuming they ship internationally) can send you the pump cartridge by USPS, and you should get it in a week or 2 at worst. I have shipped to Ireland, and delivery was approximately 1 week. Of course, there is the various taxes (such as VAT) that you may need to pay when you take delivery...

Problem solved, new FFP instaled. I orederd replacement pump and It works just fine. I have one more, I ordered from two different place so now I got one for sell :) 150 USD

Back