Logo

24' Grew Stringer replacement

Luckyluc

240grew.jpgHey guys i'm just looking for a lil bit of advice. I bought a boat in the fall and paid 2000$ for it. At the time i didn't realize that the one motor mount stringer was rotten. then when i investigated some more i found out that the stringers are starting to rot out also. My dilemma is this, do i cut my loses and get rid of the boat or do i dive into the gut and repair work. I know i could do the work my self but have no clue on a ballpark figure of how much it will cost me or how much time it would take to get it fixed. Any ideas would be really appreciated.

Last edited:
View attachment 8759Hey guys i'm just looking for a lil bit of advice. I bought a boat in the fall and paid 2000$ for it. At the time i didn't realize that the one motor mount stringer was rotten. then when i investigated some more i found out that the stringers are starting to rot out also. My dilemma is this, do i cut my loses and get rid of the boat or do i dive into the gut and repair work. I know i could do the work my self but have no clue on a ballpark figure of how much it will cost me or how much time it would take to get it fixed. Any ideas would be really appreciated.
I haven't done a complete resto in years but if you remove stringers, bulkheads, deck, and probably transom, you are probably looking at a good $2,000 or more in materials, and best guess would be 100 150 man hours of labor. Really depend on your wallet and how much you like this particular boat, and how long you want to keep it.

Back