Logo

Sierra coil and wires - anyone use?

bobct

Advanced Contributor
I have Sierra plug wires and coils on both engines. They're about three years old. The coil wires on both engines, at the coil end, never make a positive feeling connection like they do on the cap. As a matter of fact, the boots are short and it's always trying to pull itself off. I resorted to a wire tie around each one. It doesn't help that the surface of the coil is really smooth and it's tapered.

Anyone else had this problem? I called Sierra but they were no help. I was hoping that had a coil wire with a longer boot or made some sort of update. I pulled the boot back down the wire and tried pushing the connector end first. There's a lot of play, it just sort of flops around inside the coil. I bent the tabs a little but that didn't help.

Who makes the Crusader coil and wires? I'll swap them out if I have too, I feel like I'm one big wave from losing an engine so I want to figure out something.

Bob

Haven't tried their Plug wires recently so can't help much there...

You can always buy a roll of spark plug cable and th ends and make your own...just the coil wires or the whole set. I found the big benefit is you know what you have when you are done...the drawback - the crimping tool isn't cheap....

BTW, you can exploit the hot rod shops for these....just watch out as some brand names are priced above a similar item with "marine" on its box..

Back