Logo

Issues while under load

mandruch

I have a 1997 30HP merc, elec. start, oil injected outboard.
Sometimes when running at full throttle, the motor just stops running or spits and sputters and then stalls out or continues to struggle to stay running. When the latter happens, you can switch it into neutral and it runs great all the way from idle to full throttle. I put it back into gear and then it spits and sputters again. This happened again Saturday and it took about ten minutes to work itself out and continue running correctly again. BassPro worked on this motor, twice, two years ago and can't seem to fix it or duplicate the issue in the tank. They rebuilt the carb one of the times and replaced the gas line to the tank. Since it runs great while in idol and then gives me issues while in gear, I don't think it's a fuel delivery issue. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

Winding it up in nuetral means very little and can result in engine damage.-------Does primer bulb go hard when you start the motor ?------Have you inspected the pick-up tube inside your fuel tank for a possible leak ?-----Does spark jump a gap of say 3/8" ---yes or no ?

Winding it up in nuetral means very little and can result in engine damage.-------Does primer bulb go hard when you start the motor ?------Have you inspected the pick-up tube inside your fuel tank for a possible leak ?-----Does spark jump a gap of say 3/8" ---yes or no ?
I'll check the above out this evening and report back. Thank you.

Back