Logo

VRO Replacement W/T Standard Fuel Pump?

jprevat

I broke the fuel intake nipple off of my VRO fuel pump and am weighing my options of what to do next. The pump still worked as of last season. Is there any place to get a replacement nipple? Could I just replace the VRO pump with a non-VRO fuel pump? Thank yall ahead of time for any help.

What model of " belchfire special " are you working on ?????

Its a 1986 Johnson 140. The model # is J140TXCDC. The VRO has been disconnected for quite some time, but today i was trying to get the old hardened fuel lines off and it cracked right off. I just realized i left off some important information right before you posted. lol

Last edited:
Its a 1986 Johnson 140. The model # is J140TXCDC. The VRO has been disconnected for quite some time, but today i was trying to get the old hardened fuel lines off and it cracked right off. I just realized i left off some important information right before you posted. lol

So after some research i have managed a few solutions I would just put out there for everyone who may encounter this problem. A 1983 120-140 hp non-VRO fuel pump can be used, but before you go through the trouble my local Boat Shed was able to pull up the schematic and order the specific part for me for a grand total of $6.00

So after some research i have managed a few solutions I would just put out there for everyone who may encounter this problem. A 1983 120-140 hp non-VRO fuel pump can be used, but before you go through the trouble my local Boat Shed was able to pull up the schematic and order the specific part for me for a grand total of $6.00

Would you happen to have the part number for that ?

Back