Logo

Fuel Water Seperator ?

haydenfox

My filter is stuck so I'm going to take off the housing. Am I disassembling the hoses from the screw in pieces on the housing or do I need to unscrew those fittings? I can't seem to pull the hose off after removing the clamps. Very nervous messin' around with gas stuff...

have you tried a auto filter removal tool?the hoses should be above the level of your fuel tank....just split them and peel them off...or cut them and replace the whole filter if its that old and the bottom has never been removed...save the fittings though as you probably will need them to fit the hoses..but the bottom of the filter should come off with the tool..any auto parts store should have the tool..and its cheap...and you will need it in the future...the filter head should be bolted down..if you are afraid of tearing up the boat with pressure on the bottom then get someone to hold it...

Thanks. I was using two different type of wrenches. I snapped one of the bolt heads trying to torque it off but didn't hurt the boat. I didn't want to cut the hoses so I just pulled the unit out with hose attatched, flipped it upside down and really wrenched at it. I got it...

Back