Logo

Honda 150 VTEC fuel pump problem

terncegb1

I have a 150 VTEC honda outboard and the fuel pump won't shut off. I put power to the motor and the fuel pump clicks up to pressure but doesn't shut off. This is before actually starting.

The boat has twin motors..

The second motor, when i put power to it, the fuel pump clicks up to pressure and turns off.

I have switched the fuel pumps and it still does not shut off when up to pressure so I dont think it is the fuel pump its self.

I have switched the harness to the motor from the console so I doth think it is the harness.

Is there a relay or pressure switch somewhere that I need to find and replace?

Any ideas or suggestions where to look would be helpful.

I am in Panama, in a remote area, and the closest Honda service point is 200 miles

Thanks!

I forgot to mention....as you are changing the main relay assy, check for corrosion in the connectors. If there is corrosion to a ground somewhere, the ecm will initially activate the relay, but the corrosive path to ground may be keeping it engaged.

Mike

THANK YOU! You were right on the money and it was an easy part to test by swapping it out with the there engine. A new one is on order and Ill put it in s soon as it arrives.

I really appreciate you taking the time to read and reply!

Back