Logo

shifter on a 2003 crownline cruiser

3-legged-dog

Contributing Member
I am going from memory, here history with the shifter on the boat. shifter brand ??, boat is a 2003 crownline 24', single merc. sterndrive, Bravo III.

Many times the shifter would feel like it is in neutral and boat would not start.

I would engage neutral button and force the shifter from full on to neural and over to reverse to engage the neutral. up and back, again and again.

now,

shifter in neutral boat starts. however now there is no lock for neutral position shifter slips into throttle. there is lock on reverse.

buy new shifter or look for parts.

i need some idea's on were to look for part kits, also the lanyard will not stay connected to the kill switch.

thanks
john

Bondo,

the boat "Crownline" has alot custom trim on the parts. doubtful I will be able to get a crownline product. does/will the control arm (handle) and face plate at the sidewall fit over the new controller.
or
can the controller be rebuilt with a new stops for neutral and a lanyard switch.

who would sell.

I need to get model number and brand of control box.

thanks

Bondo,

the boat "Crownline" has alot custom trim on the parts. doubtful I will be able to get a crownline product. does/will the control arm (handle) and face plate at the sidewall fit over the new controller.(probably Not)
or
can the controller be rebuilt with a new stops for neutral and a lanyard switch.(Sure, if you can find the parts)

who would sell.

I need to get model number and brand of control box.

thanks

Ayuh,.... Once you ID the control, then you can search for parts, or replacement,...

Back