Logo

2005 F90TXRD 90hp 4 stroke idle issues.

blamers

I just purchased a used f90txrd. Currently it seems to randomly miss during Idle running on a garden hose. checked the fuel filter, spark plugs, and compression (195/191/199/197). tried squeezing the fuel ball when motor is in idle with no difference in effect. engine starts to run smooth if throttle is increased. currently do not have the correct tach for the motor will the tach from a 98 50hp yamaha (has an adjustment dial on the back) work as it wires into the control and does register rpms (not sure how exact it would be.). Any suggestions would be helpful.

Currently I do not have the diagnostic cable or software for this motor so I can't provide any of the onboard diagnostics as of yet.

Tried different gas as well.

Garden hose running causes strange things to happen. These high tech motors measure everything and running on a garden hose introduces things their "brain" isn't programmed to deal with. I'd say, put it in the water and use it normally and see if you have the same idle issues. Even exhaust back pressure from the engine expelling exhaust underwater as it normally would will play with the CPU's attempts to compensate to an environment it wasn't programmed to work in.

Back