Logo

Where are the engine ID Codes located on my Crusader engines?

Big Tim

I just became an owner of a 42' 1970 Pacemaker Sportsfisher. It has twin Crusader engines. Some decided to borrow the distributors. I need to indentify the models and engine serial numbers. Where are numbers located? Any help would be appriecated.

On my circa 1977 Crusader CH270s (350 cid), the Crusader model and serial number tags are mounted on the rear of the engine, on the flywheel housing at the access port to the flywheel itself. Good luck.

Dan

I just became an owner of a 42' 1970 Pacemaker Sportsfisher. It has twin Crusader engines. Some decided to borrow the distributors. I need to indentify the models and engine serial numbers. Where are numbers located? Any help would be appriecated.

Ayuh,.... The Delco ESTs are a darn nice drop-in replacement for Chevy based motors,...

Thank you I'll certainly check into these....as soon as I find out what engines these bad boys are. No help from previous owner. She just knows it used to float. I mean supposed to float.

Whatever you do, make sure you get a MARINE RATED distributor...

I would hope a 42' has big blocks in it...

Besides the DELCO EST's, a Mallory is another good choice....

Hey all ... just wondering if ('DJR') Dan's advice: "On my circa 1977 Crusader CH270s (350 cid), the Crusader model and serial number tags are mounted on the rear of the engine, on the flywheel housing at the access port to the flywheel itself." would apply to circa 1994 454 c.i. (350 HP) engines?
Thanks, FFF

Last edited:
maybe....if there isn't a plate on the flywheel cover, then theres likely to be a decal on the rocker box with the same info....

best approach is to LOOK....

thanks Mark ... before I posted here, I searched 'serial' in the Crusder Marine Engine Forum and the Crusader Marine Archive ... I read the first few relevant threads in the first couple of pages of search results ... afterwards, I went back and went through all the search results for seemingly relevant threads ... I found and read about 20 or so ... you figure prominently in helping others to determine this same kind of info ... I also could / should have mentioned that I am preparing in advance to look at a vessel unfamiliar to me for potential purchase - I have to drive down to Seattle from Vancouver, Canada to view it and wanted to know specifically what to look for (and where to look for #'s) ... I think I got the idea now ... thanks again. FFF

P.S. I've just added a couple of target vessel engine room photos to this post (they're all I've got to work with for the moment). FFF

5933679_20160912202309654_1_LARGE.jpg5933679_20160912202309114_1_LARGE.jpg

Last edited:
Back