Logo

BF150 (2006) Beeping Alarm - Help Requested

jaccoo

2006 Honda 150
Mako 22B (1974) - new fuel tank last season

My problem - beeping alarm started on my initial drive upon putting her in the water. i let it warm up for 10 minutes, then opened her up, she got in plane, then the RPMs dropped suddenly. tried again to get on plane, and she would go. pulsating RPMs, as though the engine would try to 'catch up' to the throttle position, but couldnt. Alarm started Beeping. limped do dock.

At dock, drained Racor Fuel/water separator. tried to start, but wouldnt start, and alarm beep sounded.

I see, but do not know how to gain access to the fuel filter and water separator on the outboard

I am assuming a water in fuel problem. tank was stored over the winter with ~12 gallons fuel (55 gallon tank) with 16 ounces Marine Stable (blue liquid)

Any thoughts?

Many Thanks

Check page 32 in the owner's manual http://cdn.powerequipment.honda.com/marine/pdf/manuals/31ZY6603.pdf

It tells you where and how to remove the water separater on the engine

That being said...I do not think that was causing your problem. If there is water in the water separator, the alarm will beep a very fast on and off and it will normally start beeping as soon as you turn the key to on or at least when you first start the engine. It will not cause your engine to go into safe mode (if that is what it was).

What warning lights were on at the time of the alarm? You should have 4 lights...green for oil, red for overheat, red for check engine, and another red for battery charging.

If the warning tone was a slow on and off, then you may have had an overheat alert or an oil alert.

Mike

Back