Logo

1957 evinrude 18hp id

twvint

Ok guys.. ive been scouring google search to figure out how to determine old evinrude models...
My serial plate has 15922-02206 stamped on it.

This is my problem. I need to replace all the seals in the gearcase.. I recently recovered this 1957 nylox fiberglass boat from my fathers house. It hadnt been in the water for at least 20 years and has water in the gearcase. I found the bad seal but figure I should change the all since im there.

This site has a great parts catalog which seams to match up with my outboard..
I go through the motions and series of options as far as make > year > hp > model
Im just not completly sure im picking the right model.
The options it gives me are FD-11 , FDE-11, FDEL-11, AND FDL-11
The engine diagrams all look the same when viewing the gear case and I am ASSUMING that they probably didnt change the gear case group too much throughout the models but want to be sure im buying the right stuff.. this motoro is way too old and cool to blow up.

Can anyone tell me how to determine my model?

This motor is 2 stroke with electric start and choke. Remote steering..
from what it looks like the motor diagrams look identical to what I have but I dont know..

Any help would be appreciated thanks

Last edited:
Your motor is a 1957 model painted blue for Evinrude.---The 57 Johnson model was painted a " holiday bronze " colour.----Exept for some cosmetics the 2 motors are the same.

Your motor is a 1957 model painted blue for Evinrude.---The 57 Johnson model was painted a " holiday bronze " colour.----Exept for some cosmetics the 2 motors are the same.

Its not blue anymore but its clearly marked on the side...i knows its a 1957 evinrude 18hp. i guess my question is what determines a motor is FD-11, FDE-11, FDEL-11..... or does it really matter when ordering parts?

Back