Logo

6.4 hemi conversion for marine use

t9370ml

I have a 6.4l new generation hemi that I plan on. Installing. Into a donzi classic...by searching online I see no parts for this conversion. So I am asking if anybody has done this conversion or has contacts for marinizing a new generation hemi. Any help would be welcome. Looks like I am on my own. If there is interest out there for hemi conversions for marine use I could offer parts since it looks like I will be casting and machining my own..thankz

I want to do the same thing! I have a 1972 Sutphen 19FT That I would love to drop a newer Hemi into. Let me know how your project go's.

I have a 6.4l new generation hemi that I plan on. Installing. Into a donzi classic...by searching online I see no parts for this conversion. So I am asking if anybody has done this conversion or has contacts for marinizing a new generation hemi. Any help would be welcome. Looks like I am on my own. If there is interest out there for hemi conversions for marine use I could offer parts since it looks like I will be casting and machining my own..thankz

Hi
I have done many 440 Mercruisers and inboards and a few 426 HEMI Mercruiser conversions. I have sorted out everything to do the 5.7 and we may be putting a set of 6.1's in front of Bravo 3 HD drives for next spring.
Everything is pretty well bolt up except the front mounts on the block, very easy and the exhaust. We are going to make ours from scratch out of stainless but I have used big block Chev on the 426 with adapter plates we made up.
There are several fuel injection ECM's and harnesses available but we are likely going to put the 2X4 FiTech system on for ease of install and looks.
What drive are you using? I have a jig for bolting the Mercruiser housing to and drilling it for Chryslers. The 5.7 and 6.1 can use the small block inboard housing with some minor mods for the flywheel.
[email protected] and let me know you specifics.
I have been marinizing Chrysler's since mid 70's
Dan

Hi
I have done many 440 Mercruisers and inboards and a few 426 HEMI Mercruiser conversions. I have sorted out everything to do the 5.7 and we may be putting a set of 6.1's in front of Bravo 3 HD drives for next spring.
Everything is pretty well bolt up except the front mounts on the block, very easy and the exhaust. We are going to make ours from scratch out of stainless but I have used big block Chev on the 426 with adapter plates we made up.
There are several fuel injection ECM's and harnesses available but we are likely going to put the 2X4 FiTech system on for ease of install and looks.
What drive are you using? I have a jig for bolting the Mercruiser housing to and drilling it for Chryslers. The 5.7 and 6.1 can use the small block inboard housing with some minor mods for the flywheel.
[email protected] and let me know you specifics.
I have been marinizing Chrysler's since mid 70's
Dan

Have you used the FiTech system on one of your marine engines and how did you hook up the 02 sensor to the exhaust??

Have you used the FiTech system on one of your marine engines and how did you hook up the 02 sensor to the exhaust??

Hi. I am doing one now. I custom build my own manifolds from 316 stainless and include an O2 bung for my 440 base engines. If you use Mercruiser stainless tube risers you can bore through the outer skin then into the inner pipe and tig weld a stainless bung in.
Get the 600 hp fully programmable version that includes timing. Then when you put it into gear it will bump the timing up a couple degrees that will maintain the rpm without stalling.
good luck

Back