Logo

BF200 lower unit swap??

Skooter

Advanced Contributor
My lower unit is corroded on the outside and had a "crack" near the exhaust portion. The gearcase takes on little water, but I want to swap the guts with another case that I have that is in decent shape, but has a 30" shaft, mine is 25". I have the helm shop manual, but curious if anyone here has done this or should I leave it for the "pros"

Leave it to the pros when you get it back just bolt on, or you might be able to ship yours and have them install shaft for less then rebuild. Curious to here how it goes
Alanti. Gearcasd out of Virginia

Thanks for the input, Ive had experience with the Honda 200 (rebuilt cyliinder heads, fuel system etc) and Im pretty well mechanically knowledgeable. I have disassembled and rebuilt lower units on 90's models evinrudes, but wasn't sure if I should attempt this one. A buddy of mine has a Honda mechanic, so I think I'll let him do it while I supervise..lol

Thanks for the input, Ive had experience with the Honda 200 (rebuilt cyliinder heads, fuel system etc) and Im pretty well mechanically knowledgeable. I have disassembled and rebuilt lower units on 90's models evinrudes, but wasn't sure if I should attempt this one. A buddy of mine has a Honda mechanic, so I think I'll let him do it while I supervise..lol

I am a big fan of watching work be done when they will let .e learned a lot over the years.

Let us know how it works our any special tools used or supsituted that made job easier

Back