Logo

8 hp honda

76jeep0

i have a 8 hp Honda need to know what year for parts all I can find is serial # bace 1100728 and also will that lower unit work on a 10hp with serial # b100s 1709936 any help thanks

Hi...

Here is a chart to ID the year. Maybe someone else can advise on the interchangability of the lower. Or, go to boats.net and check the part numbers for each year/model.

The 8HP looks to be a 1989. The 10 (9.9) looks to be a 1985.

Attachments

• Honda_8.jpg
    Honda_8.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 48
  • Honda9.9.jpg
    Honda9.9.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 48
On boats.net.....your 9.9 is incorrectly listed as a 100 HP.....

The part numbers are different for the two gear cases;
41100-881-010ZC 9.9

41100-881-842ZA 8

There's not much support for the older Honda's; is there? Questions like yours and mine on the Mercury boards or the OMC boards would result in numerous replies....many by seasoned marine mechanics. I think it might be because there are relatively few of these older models around...and relatively few people "out there" that have worked on them professionally.....plus.....parts availability is very poor (especially electrical parts) so there are just not a lot of repairs currently being made.

If you run across anyone on any of the other boards that is helpful...I'd appreciate you telling me who it is....

There is a **very** knowledgeable HONDA guy here (hondadude) but he typically is kinda silent when it comes to the very early models.

Back