Logo

...outdrive weight.

bazza57

A mate of mine was looking at my boat the other day and was giving me a ribbing about my 280 outdrive looking a bit on the heavy side compared to his pushing system, a 3 stage jet.
He may well be right and, as i don't know my VPs weight, it was a difficult critism to rebut, hence my question..."can anyone tell me what their outdrive weighs including the transom sheild and flywheel cover...in otherwords everything except the engine.? "...Barry.

A mate of mine was looking at my boat the other day and was giving me a ribbing about my 280 outdrive looking a bit on the heavy side compared to his pushing system, a 3 stage jet.
He may well be right and, as i don't know my VPs weight, it was a difficult critism to rebut, hence my question..."can anyone tell me what their outdrive weighs including the transom sheild and flywheel cover...in otherwords everything except the engine.? "...Barry.

Ayuh,.... 'bout 150lbs,....

cheers Bondo, i doubt if his jet unit is any lighter!

Or as efficient ... :)

...didn't think of the efficiency angle Curmudgeon!...another string to my bow! lol.

...from the replys you've all given me, I can see the only thing he has got over me now is his shallow water ability...which I have to admit is a slight advantage here as the nearest boat ramp to is on a river which has a shallow, and shifting bar where it enters the sea.
Plenty of prop driven boats use it though...just have to exercise a bit more caution...Barry.

Back