Logo

Engine year

circle hook

Regular Contributor
Hello I just bought a CH220 L.H. serial# 21558 and was wondering if any one had a chart of knows what year and horse power it may be. I bought the engine for the transmission looks just like the paragon that's in my boat but again there is no tag on the transmission and I need to find what gear ratio it is any ideas

THANKS BOB

Those are the engines I have in my boat. My SN's are 21164 and 21168 and they are 1976, so you are probably right near there. They are 305cid and 220 HP.

Here's what are host provides; not complete but covers most items of interest:

http://www.marineengine.com/manuals/crusader/serial_numbers.html

FWIW, the "year" really doesn't matter because most every OEM tracks config changes by serial number...the big reason is that it isn't uncommon for a Hull maker to buy a lot of engines and then have that lot installed into more than one year's production run. In other words, you could have a '96 engine installed in a '97 hull.

Yea but I was just wondering + or - a year or 2 on just how old it may be there was a sandy wrecked boat and the land owner said take what ever you wanted so I took both complete transmissions Walters v drives and they were hooked to 220 crusaders engines. I figure I will clean them up and use them in my boat if needed. Thanks bob

Back