Logo

2011 Honda BF50 - What is this part?

Snickersnee

Was inspecting the outboard and noticed a leak coming from this doo-hickey. Removed it and turns out the thing was stripped. I need to buy a new doo-hickey. I've gone through tons of exploded views and can't figure out what this part is. First pic shows where they are located on the manifold. There are two and the bottom one is missing/out. 2nd pic shows the part. I know it must be something simple, but any guesses? Thanks!

20140321_155855_HDR.jpg20140321_155747_HDR.jpg

It is called a metal-anode cap assembly....Part #12150-ZZ5-020. That number will give you a new plastic cap and o ring. It is in the cylinder head.

You remove it by turning it clockwise. But I guess you figured that out by now. So much for righty tighty .... lefty loosey!

There was a recent service reminder that called attention to those leaking. If leaking water could be injested into the engine or salt can accumulate. Either could cause damage to the engine. Be sure to clean any water or salt out of the area before you install the new part.

Mike

By the way, if you are in the USA, this should be covered under warranty. You should take it to your local dealer for inspection and part replacement.

Mike

Back