Logo

Mantnance

cfishn

I have a 2008 BF115 & it has 240 hr's FRESH WATER .
I have maintained it myself changing the plastic fuel filter under the Cowling & Plugs along with the Oil & filter .

QUESTION
The book says inspect the valves & change the Impeller running just 40 hr's a year do I really need to replace the impeller & or check the Valves ? ANY THIN ELSE ?

Thanks Capt.Roy C

the impeller needs changing now if it has 200+ hours on it...ditto on lower unit oil...also any external gas filters...inspect all fuel lines for cracking etc...if the gas bulb in the fuel line is not pliable i would replace it...buy and carry a spare if you dont think it needs changing now...the valves are debatable..i read on here a lot of stuff about adjusting them on a 4 cycle after the first year...i am running a 2 year old mercury and my dealer top mech says do it at 500 hours...the motor sounds good so i went with that..

the impeller needs changing now if it has 200+ hours on it...ditto on lower unit oil...also any external gas filters...inspect all fuel lines for cracking etc...if the gas bulb in the fuel line is not pliable i would replace it...buy and carry a spare if you dont think it needs changing now...the valves are debatable..i read on here a lot of stuff about adjusting them on a 4 cycle after the first year...i am running a 2 year old mercury and my dealer top mech says do it at 500 hours...the motor sounds good so i went with that..

I changed to Silverado 3000 gas line & new bulb in 2011 & always carry a Spare & splice kit as well .
I changed the Foot Oil the first year end of 2008 & then 2012 .

I Seldom run hard "over 5K" & then not for long ..

Back