Logo

Fuel pump?

Catfishgetter

I have a 25 hp mariner that cuts back and stops at full throttle. I took off the engine cover and noticed the bowl on the filter would fill up and stay full at low rpms, but at high rpms the bowl went below half full. I started pumping primer bulb to get motor to run at full throttle. Is this fuel pump or maybe giaphragm ? How can I determine what to replace?

It is normal for the filter bowl to be half full at power.----------Inspect the fuel pump if operating the manual pump keeps it going.

It is normal for the filter bowl to be half full at power.----------Inspect the fuel pump if operating the manual pump keeps it going.

I inspected the fuel pump and it appears to be fine. I looked at the diaphragm and it looks good to. Is it possible the diaphragm is bad? Any advice for my next step to trouble shoot. I know cranking the motor and running up to about half throttle is fine. When I run over half throttle is when I have to pump the primer bulb to keep it running. I have changed gas tanks and put a new fuel line and primer bulb on but no changes in performance.

Back