Logo

miss

Could be several things but allways start at the beginning. Check compression engine cold, do a spark gap test with a spark gap tester, Have you serviced the fuel system lately? Ethanol is wreaking havoc with our motors you can try the seafoam trick first off. Disconnect the fuel line from the engine and run it out of fuel then with the primer bulb pump the carbs full of seafoam and let it sit overnight. The next day start it and run it around 3000 rpms until the smoke clears. It is best to do it on the water and put seafoam in the tank also when you start it just take it to wot as quick as possible and run it hard for a bit and see if the issue clears out. Also check engine sync between the timing advance and throttle opening it could be a little out of sync due to normal wear. You may need to rebuild the carbs and fuel pump and replace the fuel lines if eveything else checks out. GL
thanx for reply, motor has 120psi all 4 cold, ive replaced fuel pump,lines,& gone thru carbs twice. ive used seafoam in the fuel. the only thing i have not done is check gap on plugs. if thats the problem, why would it only miss at midrange?

thanx for reply. ive replaced fuel pump, lines and gone thru carbs twice. 120psi all 4 cold.the only thing i have not done is gap plugs. if thats the trouble, why would it only miss at midrange?

The ignition system was engineered to be able to jump a gap of up to 1/2"---------never mind what the gap on the plugs is.-----So if you force the system to jump a gap of 7/16" or more you are performiing a very good test.--Any problems will show up during the test.

ok pulled out my manual and checked on what type carbs i have on this mtr. and i think it might be the intermediate jets. ill pull the carbs tomorrow and try cleaning them. if that doesnt work ill try the other tips. thanx to all who responded.

Back