Logo

AD41P-A Coolant leak

Mike Alloway

I have found a leak at the tube between the thermostat housing and exhaust manifold. Leaking at thermostat side. To remove O-rings and tube, can the housing be removed or does the manifold have to be removed to gain access. Thanks in advance, Mike

Last season I had to change out my water pump on the 41B. Manifold was not touched. Make sure you replace the doenut gasket. It was very tight so be patient and gentle. Years back I had a leak at the o rings on one of the joints for the heat exchanger. In that case I had to loosen the mounts and that gave me the clearance. It was no big deal. I did not go with volvo O rings. Instead bought nitrile O rings and sized them for a slightly tighter fit. Use silicone lube to install. Stay away from any common grease for lube, especially if you stay with rubber O rings.

Thanks for reply. Not the same design as 41B, my connector tube does not go between thermostat housing and heat exchanger, but between housing and exhaust manifold. Anyone with an AD41P-A change tube and O-rings?

After checking 41B is similar to 41p. Just got parts and will try to fix without removing manifold, when the snow stops.

Last edited:
Fixed leak at O-rings, took three tries and about 3 hours time. Make sure you water test before adding antifreeze, and get extra O-rings. Mike

Back