Logo

Removing anti fouling paint

wasc

Hi,

You can see my boat in the picture below, you can see the water level and the anti fouling line , which is wrong and looks ugly... I'll change the anti fouling colour to dark blue and I should somehow fix this, I should remove the green anti fouling from the front of the boat as you can see..

What should I do ? I haven't done this before. I did some paintings but not removing..

Does paint thinner work ?

Untitled-1 copy.jpg
Untitled-3 copy.jpg

Thanks

Last edited:
bscap0000.jpg I want to remove the paint from the boat hull but sand paper is too slow and it's like digging the soil with a needle.. Any other options ? I've found a "paint remover" but I'm not sure that it can damage the fiberglass as well.. I have never used it before.. any ideas ?

most of the paint stippers you'll see at home depot are not recommended for firberglass. read the specs very carefully, it will usually list on the container what it can and cant be used on. West Marine has a couple of products, coat it on thick, let it sit for a while (4 hours or so) before scraping off. Messy, use old clothes and gloves. OR, buy a soda blaster if you have a compressor already. If you haven't yet, hit it with a powerwasher, that can remove a lot of your bottom paint to.

Back