Logo

2010 Crusader 5.7 MIL on with no Buzzer alarm

SergioG

I have twin 2010 Crusader 5.7 captain choice with 1700 hours on them. Just recently I come upon a headache with my port engine. When I turn on the engine and bring the rpms above 2000 rpms ( with or without load ) the MIL malfunction Indicater Light comes on on the dash but no audible alarms come on. Oil pressure is good. Voltage output is good. Engine temperature is good. I installed a fuel pressure gauge and have steady 60 psi fuel pressure.
I instaled the Rinda Diacom scanner and the engine did not store any trouble codes but the software is indicating the the Ecm is sending out the signal to turn on the MIL . I de-energized the engine by disconnecting the power to it and unplugged , checked and reconnected every harness connector on the loom. Still no luck. Has anyone had this issue before.
This is puzzling since there are no drive ability issues with the engine. It runs good at any rpms just cant get rid of the MIl light coming on without any Dtc's to troubleshoot.

And I thought I used my boat a lot. 1700 hours in 4 years is a lot of crusing/fishing.

Check the ground wires and voltage to ecm

check the discrete inputs the ECU sees...if they are ok, you could swap ECU's to see if the issue is within the ECU.

Back