Logo

Crashed my propeller

Querorz

Hi guys,

Fatih , from Turkey. Nice to meet you :eek:.

I bought my first outboard (Suzuki 6 HP, short shaft) a couple weeks ago and i ran it for the first time today.

I accidentally crashed it to the bottom soil and there is a little deformation on the edges of the blades(Deformations are about 0.1 inch). But after the crash i felt a very disturbing vibration. There are no outboard services around and all i can do is to take the propeller to a blacksmith. Do you think a blacksmith can fix the little deformations on that aluminum prop.? Is it possible that the shaft got out of balance?

I have a couple more beginner questions.

Let's say i mishandled the engine while transporting and some oil leaked out. What should i do? Should i just sweep it with a cloth and run the engine, or is that not enough?

On internet i read something like that : " If you will transport your outboard in horizontal position, you should get the cooling water out of the outboard. Otherwise water can leak from Exhaust Port to Cylinders." . Is that true? How do i get water out of the outboard? I thought that it already gets out when you hold it vertically outside of the water.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Thank you sir. Your answers were helpful. I got the deformations rasped to a blacksmith. I don't think the shaft is bent. It feels much better now. Thank you.

Back