Logo

2009 15hp 4 stroke

60degreeeagle

motor starts and runs for about 10 seconds then dies. friend recently bought it used and hasn't been able to use it yet. we have rebuilt carb, replaced cracked fuel lines, replaced leaking fuel filter assembly. any help on what could be causing this would be appreciated. adjustments on linkages appear to have been moved considerably, not sure of proper adjustment procedure. motor is a F15CMSH.

motor restarts after on pull, but dies out again. if i try to bump up the idle a little bit motor chokes out immediately. motor runs good after killing my arm to keep pull starting it. i havn't put a diaphragm in the pump, but primer stays hard, and has no signs of air bubbles in fuel when going through lines. once running does seem a little hesitant in mid range to accelerate.

This may be as simple as opening the lowspeed mixture needle a 1/4 turn at a time.-----------See if that helps.-------Always run fuel out of the carburetor when the motor is going to sit for a few days.--That helps keep the carburetor clean.

Back