Logo

Bukh DV20 diesel leak

Curly2022

I have just purchased a sailing boat with a Bukh DV20. Under the sump I have a leak presumably Diesel (approx. a jam jar per week). There is no loss of oil on the dip-stick. I have wrapped paper on the pipes and joints but to no avail.
Can anyone recommend a good way of finding a diesel leak? Many thanks.

I think I have the same problem. Have you checked behind the engine on top of the fuel ingection pump? If you could take a pic of the back of it, it has a Id plate I could use those #'s (Bosch) part. Mine is painted over and I can not get the #'s. A common problem is the copper washer in the delivery valve wares by vibration an fuel leaks from the top. You can not tighten it to stop the leak or you will damage the injector pump.

I think I have the same problem. Have you checked behind the engine on top of the fuel ingection pump? If you could take a pic of the back of it, it has a Id plate I could use those #'s (Bosch) part. Mine is painted over and I can not get the #'s. A common problem is the copper washer in the delivery valve wares by vibration an fuel leaks from the top. You can not tighten it to stop the leak or you will damage the injector pump.

[FONT=&quot]Thank you for your reply.
I have not checked behind the engine on top of the fuel injection pump. I will place some tissue paper under it and see if any drip appear. I will have a look for the number and keep you informed.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Many thanks for your advice.[/FONT]

Back