Logo

Blown Show

mack cramer

Fished a tournament Sat. Running down the river at 45 mph suddenly loud sound boat stopped massive oil spill behind me. Removed the cover huge hole in the block. Guess I will get to see how good Yamaha stands behind it's product. Purchased the motor with new boat in Nov. 2013 250 show. Sure hope everything goes smoothly. Anyone else blown a show, what was your experience

I hoe your running yamalube and filter and have RECIEPTS , they will stand behind it
they going to see why it did it

well there is no oil left it's all on the Tensaw river. Just got the motor in Nov. Haven't really put enough time on to do anything. I'm hopping they give me a fully dressed one.

It is very difficult to do failure analysis on a destroyed motor. More than likely you will get a new block and heads and be on your way, as good as (maybe better than) when new. All of your accessories will be removed from the failed motor and transferred to the new block and heads. Of course if any parts were damaged by the failed block they will be replaced with new. It is a good idea to thoroughly warm the motor up before blast off. Hard on the block if it is started and the gas pedal is immediately pasted to the floor board.

Back