Logo

1992 Bayliner 2452 Engine Removal

Carl Jones

I am getting set to pull the motor, I see several possibilities, #1- Pull the drive so the motor will lift out off the mounts, #2- Try taking the motor mounts loose at the base by removing the lag bolts and try moving the motor forward off the drive shaft and then up. #3-Undo the Bell housing bolts and take the motor mounts loose at the base by removing the lag bolts and try moving the motor forward and then up. Can anyone give me the pluses and minuses on these methods. Yhanks for your help!!

Unless it is impossible to remove the outdrive to to some obscure reason, Anyone who pulls a motor out of a boat spends the 15 minutes and removes the outdrive first............If you detect sarcasim you are correct.

Why would anyone consider doing all the work required to pull a motor and remotely consider leaving the out drive in place........

ANSWER: pull the drive......period!

I am getting set to pull the motor, I see several possibilities, #1- Pull the drive so the motor will lift out off the mounts, #2- Try taking the motor mounts loose at the base by removing the lag bolts and try moving the motor forward off the drive shaft and then up. #3-Undo the Bell housing bolts and take the motor mounts loose at the base by removing the lag bolts and try moving the motor forward and then up. Can anyone give me the pluses and minuses on these methods. Yhanks for your help!!

Ayuh,... Go with #1,...

The drive needs to be pulled Anyways, as the motor will need to be realigned upon reinstallation,...
No if's, and's or but's,...

That is what I suspected and I am getting ready to remove the drive but its always better to check with someone that has actually done the work before you go winging it on hunches...thanks for all the help here!!

Back