Logo

OMC 3.0 parts

Ctfisher

This is my first post here, I'm new to the boating community but no stranger to online forums. Anyway I picked up a sunbird bow rider really cheap hoping to clean it up and flip it. It ran so I had a friend pick it up for me (my truck was in the shop). Well we got it home, fired it up but..the engine block is cracked. So I figure just part it out since the rest of the boat really isn't in great shape. Trailer is shot too. Well my real question is I have no idea what anything is worth. Im able to take the motor out and apart although I would probably just sell the head and scrap the rest. I don't know what the outdrive or anything is worth.

This is not a for sale ad, but if anyone's looking for OMC 3 liter cobra parts let me know. Everything's good but the block and alternator bracket. Thanks!

you determined the value when you bought it. If you want to part it, fine, but to make any $ above scrap metal prices, you need to catalog by part number and ebay it describing condition with photos. OMC made 3.0's for almost 30 years and parts don't usually interchange more than a few years. Most of us probably live several thousand miles away from you which is why eBay is the only game in town.

The amount of money you make from parting it out probably won't repay you for the effort you put into it. In addition, the popular items will sell quickly and then you'll have a pile of stuff you can't unload.
Put an ad in CL in the free section and let it live at someone else's house.

Back