Logo

Owners manual

Mel T

Here's another question, does anybody have any ideas how I could locate an owners manual for a 1985 Freedom boat 18 ft. 140 mercuriser. Open bow. I just bought this boat but there the owner did not have the manual. I've found out the manufacture has gone out of business, any ideas???

It's likely they never had a manual for the boat...for the engine & drive, the service manuals would be the things to get...Mercruiser has the basic maintenance info online, at their www site.

Thanks your right makomark I have the cylmer manual, but I'm looking for something more specific to the boat. Stuff the gas tank capacity, power trim ect. Any ideas?

The tank capacity is contained on the tank. There should be a metal plate with all the information. (Coast guard regulation)

Most likely on a boat of that size it would be around 16- 20 gallons????

Empty it out hen fill it up and see..........

Anything to do with the motor, transom assembly, outdrive, dash wiring, power trim and shift control are contained in mercury manuals or aftermarket manuals.

The boat manufacturer typically does not have any of this info even in a "owners manual"......I have seen some owners manuals that contain specific wiring info for there custom applications........such as winshied wipers, radios both listening and two way or maybe electronics.

Back