Logo

Prop Needed for 1962 or 1963 7.5hp Fishing Scott Please Help

Nuthouse

Hi i recently bought a boat with a 62-63 7.5hp Fishing Scott outboard motor on it Serial: 61.800.710
i need help to find a Prop as the motor didnt have one on it. I live in Australia and have asked all
the boat shops and boating accessory shops around and none of them have ever heard of the motor.
please help

Nut

thank for the idea racerone, but im knida hoping that some 1 on here would know if one did and could possible tell me if one did as i dont have the funds to go and buy a pile of 2nd hand props to find that none fit.

thanks kim i have emailed them and was suprised on how quick they were to reply to me they have given me phone numbers to 3 guys that they know have a lot of old outboard motors they told me that if they dont have a part they would most likely know some 1 that dose where i might find one :)

you'll need to find out if you have a weedless lower unit or standard lower unit as the propellers are different. I have a few here if you don't find one on your side of the earth.

Hi hystat, from memory i believe that the guy i bought it off said it had a weedless prop i will send you a PM if i cant find one here, at the moment im having trouble getting it going its got great compression, spark, getting fuel into the cylinder and will give a kick as if it wants to run but just wont any idea?

the diaphragm in the carb that pumps fuel is a sore spot on these. The membrane material tends to take a set after a couple of years and won't pump fuel. Spray some pre-mix with a mister bottle to see if it will go on that.
check spark strength with a spark tester.

Back