Logo

Default Grey Marine Lugger Light 4-69-----For Sale

Hello ! new to your group----have noted lots of good articles---my old skiff has finally been laid to rest--her back broken in several places---and we are about to make a move back to Norway.

I would like to find a new home for the Lugger Lite 4-69---serial # F 12406 c/w tranny--engine is complete and was running strong when removed from the skiff.

I am asking $400 for the complete unit and will crate for shipping and assist with same. Have a few pics somewhere in the computer and will forward if desired .

Feel free to ask questions and you get good feed back-----motor once removed was flushed and oil changed for storage ( in dry basemmment next to furnace ).

Thank you ---Doon

Default Re: Grey Marine Lugger Light 4-69-----For Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Doon View Post
    Hello ! new to your group----have noted lots of good articles---my old skiff has finally been laid to rest--her back broken in several places---and we are about to make a move back to Norway.

I would like to find a new home for the Lugger Lite 4-69---serial # F 12406 c/w tranny--engine is complete and was running strong when removed from the skiff.

I am asking $400 for the complete unit and will crate for shipping and assist with same. Have a few pics somewhere in the computer and will forward if desired .

Feel free to ask questions and you get good feed back-----motor once removed was flushed and oil changed for storage ( in dry basemmment next to furnace ).

Thank you ---Doon
    Hi There. I am looking for an engine like this for my 1948 32' sloop. Where are you located? Thanks! Tom

Hi Tom--sent you an e-mail---will keep in touch--Doon

Hi Doon,
    See your message, but I haven't received the email you mention..?

Hi Tom---sorry--I posted the reply in the wrong box---site administrator sent it back and requested the reply go here---so : I sold the unit not more than 2 days ago to a chap located in Chester, NS. ( Rob Franklin )---However I do have a lead on another complete unit not far from here and I will contact the owner and ask if it might be for sale--the "69" was running last season in the skiff he has---will get back to you asap on this one--Regards--Doon

Hi Doon, Thanks very much for your help! Tom Prefer a Sea Scout 91 as that is what was originally in the boat I believe... Tom

WELL YOU ARE IN LUCK--I do know where one may be located----next door to our house---he works in the oil patch out west--will contact him--I know he is never going to use it.

PS: where are you located --for possible freight fees---Doon

Hi There! Wonderful.. I'm in Seattle, WA so it sounds we are far apart, but I'm sure there will be a reasonable way to ship it. Where are you?
    All the best, Tom

WE are in Windsor , Nova Scotia---further up on the eastern seaboard --you are not that far away. Have sent the next door neighbor an e-mail to his phone --should have a reply some time tomorrow --Doon

Tom; Just got off the phone /next door---up date on the sea scout---engine WAS running when removed from sloop---was not flushed -left in an unheated garage and the last time it was checked the block had cracked just below the water jacket line on port side---he asked if I would go over and have a look ---yup --block is cracked---what a sin---phoned back and he said you welcome to the unit if you need parts---he does know of another one that is in N.S. and will contact the owner---Sorry this did not pan out---lets hope the next lead has a positive note--will stay in touch----REGARDS : Doon

Hi Doon,

Thanks very much for following up and too bad the engine was damaged... Ah well. I am still on the hunt then...ou and keep me posted if there is news on the other Sea Scout..
    Thanks again for your help.

Tom