Logo

440 marine engine no longer needed

510mopar

Contributing Member
Hello everyone. I have a great 440 long block marine engine that I no longer need to keep on hand as a spare. All my boats are now 510 inch motors and this is no longer good as a spare. This is a stock engine, standard bore with the factory hone marks still in it. The block was not torn down however it has a new rear seal to make sure it did not leak for me. The heads are rebuilt 452 original castings; these are the only ones with the factory hardened seats. The entire engine was completely cleaned and painted. All my engine rooms are show quality so this had to look good. I purchased this from a fellow who never used the boat, had it in his building for a long time while hoping to re-do the wood, and then decided to pull the motor and scrap it. I doubt it had 50 hours on it as it was not even broken in when I took the heads off. This is a complete long block with the oil pan, intake manifold, front pump housing, intake manifold and rocker covers. Engine was closed cooling with anti freeze in it so it is not all rusted up inside. This is a perfect drop in for a worn out engine. This is totally original, just as Chrysler built it on 8-30-1977. The 1977 and 1978 blocks were the strongest with a lot more strength around the main bearing webs. I only use these years to build the 500 inch motors. I am selling this for $2750. It is in Florida in my garage. I also have a factory 750 marine carb and a set of the massive and heavy cast iron manifolds for it but they are not cleaned or painted. The manifolds are from a Lake Michigan engine so they only seen fresh water and are in great shape. If any other parts are needed I can likely help you out as well. Just looking to give it a good home and get some space in the garage back. I have 3 spare 500 inch motors so I just do not need this one. Email me at [email protected]. Thanks, Dan

Attachments

• 440 marine 6.jpg
    440 marine 6.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 71
  • 3 spare 510 engines stored.jpg
    3 spare 510 engines stored.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 95
  • 440 marine 1.jpg
    440 marine 1.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 80
  • 440 marine 2.jpg
    440 marine 2.jpg