Logo

Default 1962 30' Aluminum Marinette trailer needed..

Ahoy! I recently purchased a 1962 30' Aluminum Marinette. It's out of the water and on blocks. I'd like to buy a trailer so I can get it home to work on it to get it sea worthy. Also, I'd like to be able to take it out when I need it and at the end of the season for storage. Any ideas or suggestions? It's a relatively flat boat on the bottom.

Default Re: 1962 30' Aluminum Marinette trailer needed..

as you probably know there are a few sites and forums exclusively dedicated to these boats.... Aluminum Marinette..just do a rough search on Google....trailers have gone out of sight on price....i think i would consider getting the boat moved home and get started on it so i would have time to shop etc for a trailer....even if you had a trailer you will have to pay someone to lift the boat onto it...some auto sales outfits have a trailer that would go the job...some of those guys hustle a buck any way they can..in fact if it was me i would know exactly who to see locally..but i am in south louisiana and no help to you...just as thought...i envy you the project...i was looking at some pics of the brand and i could make a nice houseboat out of one of them...good luck...

Default Re: 1962 30' Aluminum Marinette trailer needed..

A hydraulic boat trailer might be viable depending upon your location and, if you don't already have it, the truck to pull it will cost more than the trailer and could very easily exceed what the boat is worth.

Ask locally if there is anybody that hauls/moves boats with a trailer....you are likely to find hiring them to be the most economic solution.