Logo

heat exchanger

bcclew

Regular Contributor
1976 28ft silverton engs were replaced with gm 5,7 long blocks edelbrock intake Osco risers and mans. and a half cooling system from eco cool .I m changing the ans and risers and ant to make a full system I have the thermostat housings. I have a heat exchanger from crusaider witch I can make work.it is said to have come from a 5.7 full system? the tank has 4 inch end caps.does this sound like it will work for a full system? the boats all near me are 454s does 4 inch sound right to you guys? thanks

The H/E's coolant return ports will be different between a Half System H/E and a Full System H/E.
I.E., single return [engine/heads only] -vs- twin returns [for a system that also includes the exhaust mans]

If these H/E's are not correct for a Full System, you will have trouble with the installation, and with the correct operation.

In other words... if one style H/E would accommodate both types of installations, there'd be no need for anything but one style H/E.

Last edited:
the tanks are dual they said came off 5,7 full system.it has all the dual conections that I need.my ? is is inch good or do I need 5 inch? I am just double the 4 inch size thanks making all plumbing conections is not a problem

Back