Logo

90 Force Problems

90Force

Hi all

So i have a bit of a problem with my 90 Force. I decided to take a few mates out for a day of tubing yesturday , as usual checked everything was running fine before leaving home which it was , took boat to lake and it ran perfect for the few hour or so on the first tank of gas (25L).

I jumped on the tube and got my mate to drive when he reckoned the gas was starting to run so he switch to the second tank. that was fine and took it back to shore a min or 2 later , where we started to have problems with running/starting etc only to realise that i hadnt done the mix of oil in the second tank. i quickly remedied it and added the oil and started again without fuel line hooked up to get rid of the unmixed fuel out of the system before hooking it all back up.

it took a while to start so plugs came out and cleaned them. once i finally got it going ago after half hour so whenever i engage forward it would stall , after giving it a bit of juice in reverse it would then engage forward.

Now this is where the trouble starts , i took it back out to see if everything was running fine which it wasnt , it would barely get off the plane about 1/3 normal power , so i took it back and left it for and hour or before taking it out again in which i was then running around 2/3 power almost felt like it was running at usual until i put another person on the boat and tubing another. no power again back to 1/3.

after checking plugs again and thinking ive probaly dropped a cyclinder , the top and bottom were both dirty with oil fuel etc whilst the 2nd/middle plug was perfectly clean with a watery liquid on it.

any ideas what it could be would be greatly appriciated as xmas is coming and family holidays almost on us. my guess is a seal or gasket blown alowing water into the 2nd cyclinder. im not overly clued up on engines or faults so anything would be really helpful.

Do a compression test.
Sounds like a blown gasket.
If the comression is off anymore than 10#
Remove the head and check fo damage.

Back