Logo

95 (or 96) 150 salt series 2stroke, can trim pump be removed without removing the motor?

swade

Contributing Member
I know I can service the seals and with a bit of work you can change the trim motor without removing it

But I'm just wondering if i can pull it altogether out without loosening the motor as there's a good bit of cleanup it could use.

Thanks! swade

I was playing with one of those on Friday. Didn't remove it, but pretty sure the answer to your question is yes. From a hazy memory there are a couple of bolts to undo (port and stbd) at the bottom pivot point and another one to undo at the top of the tilt ram. Going to be pulling one next week for a seal fix so will know for sure by next weekend.

I was playing with one of those on Friday. Didn't remove it, but pretty sure the answer to your question is yes. From a hazy memory there are a couple of bolts to undo (port and stbd) at the bottom pivot point and another one to undo at the top of the tilt ram. Going to be pulling one next week for a seal fix so will know for sure by next weekend.

Thanks for the info! I've read mixed opinions from googling on if it's possible to wiggle it out of the frame but who knows..., will be interested to hear what you run into!

i have to do the same with this one. salt water motor too so i'd like to pull the whole thing over the winter and do a once over...it's looking a bit rough back there.

Back