Logo

Fuel fill and vent

footbrake

Contributing Member
I'm wanting to move my fuel fill to a higher point on the starboard side of the boat for ease of filling. Right now it's in the back down just above my swim platform making it hard to fill and seeing the pump. My question is, will I have to move the vent up to the same height also. Right now the vent is down next the swim platform in the back next to the fill.
I was thinking that if I left the vent lower than the fill, the gas would come out the vent before the tank was full. Was I thinking right? Thanks-Russ

if your vent is coming out of the top of the tank then the tank will be full before it leaks gas thru the vent...same as before...however if you fill an extension above the tank(like your new fuel fill) then when you top off the tank and fill the extension you may get some leak from the vent if the end of the vent tube is below the tank...just dont overfill and you should be ok...

if your vent is coming out of the top of the tank then the tank will be full before it leaks gas thru the vent...same as before...however if you fill an extension above the tank(like your new fuel fill) then when you top off the tank and fill the extension you may get some leak from the vent if the end of the vent tube is below the tank...just dont overfill and you should be ok...

Ayuh,.... Exactly,.... By itself, movin' the fuel fill doesn't effect the vent,...

Back