Logo

Rasing a 150 Yahama HPDI engine

flabob1

Regular Contributor
My tilt and trim sys. quit and I need to rise up my engine to service it . I released the lock on the left side of the engine. But still can not rise it up. I than removed the through bolt on the bottom of the T/T package. Using a come along with the boat in the water on a floating dock it didn't rise . I quit when the boat started coming up. Is there something that I missed or can't see that will keep the motor from coming up to the lock up position. Thanks for any help; Bob

Can't quite understand from your post, but did you unscrew the hydraulic pressure release/bypass screw. I think that it might be on the starboard side but can't quite remember the HPDI layout.

Looking from the back of the engine forward the pressure /bypass screw on the left side has been released counter clockwise all the way. The engine will not come up. I than removed the through bolt on the bottom of the T/T unit and the motor will still not come up. Is there anything else that would keep it locked down.? If not I think I'm going to take it to the marina and have the boat lifted out and taken care of .. I know it's going to coast $$$ . Thanks for the answer Aliboy

Back