Logo

1986 Crusader 454 replace motor mounts

hottoddie

Contributing Member
Thinking about replacing the motor mounts over the winter. They are 27 years old (1000 hours) and are the old 7/8" trunion type. What do I need to replace with the updated 1" mounts? I want to do a complete realignment in the spring. Boat is a 1986 Sea Ray 390 EC. Motors are great and run really well.

Thinking about replacing the motor mounts over the winter. They are 27 years old (1000 hours) and are the old 7/8" trunion type. What do I need to replace with the updated 1" mounts? I want to do a complete realignment in the spring. Boat is a 1986 Sea Ray 390 EC. Motors are great and run really well.

I did the same thing last winter on mine, 2 years newer but same hours. It was a bear on mine, the stringers on my boat are really tall and the mounts are about 10" below the top of the stringer. I would definitely get the Crusader mount tool, not the one with the two pins. They make one that has 4 ears that go down into the slots. Mine looked identical to the old ones...

Bob

Do you get engine movement during throttle up? That job is not cheap or easy.

Not sure. Boat being hauled Thurs. Getting some vibrations and haven't done shaft alignment in the 3 years I've owned the boat. I think it's time to replace/update the mounts and take advantage to do the realignment. May attempt to just buy the 1" diameter mounts and have the brackets drilled out to 1". Not sure how hard that is. The Sea Ray 390 Ec has pretty good access.

Back