Logo

upgrade hp

i have searched in parts cataloge and the only diferent part that i found is the ecu is it posible that the ecu can change the hp between from 80 to 100 hp

If it's a 2013 Merc is only producing 4 stroke motors.

There is no 80 horse or 100 horse in their assortment.

There is a 75, 90 and 115 horse in that class that share a powerhead and could be converted from one to the other (at significant cost).

You may want to ask a few more questions. The last 80 horse Merc was built in 1989...

My apologies, didn't realize the horsepowers were different in Europe. I checked the Merc Europe website and from the specs there they look to be using the exact same blocks as the 75/90/115 over here.

If that is the case then the 80 could have been converted to 100.

And Fazbullet, those 80's you reference were the "jet" models, correct? - really the 115 with a jet lower unit - the 80 referring to the inherent loss of horsepower when comparing a jet to a prop unit.

thanks for all but i have found out that they replaced the ecm and had the impretion that was not original than i found out that due to the upgrade the engine should have probles with the guarantee so i have not bought it. now i have bought a yamaha 100hp 2012 model this will be my first yamaha now i will see what offers yamaha

Back