Logo

Alternator part number for 6-71TI

Russ Appleton

I have a Hatteras with J & T 6-71 TI's 390 HP. When J &T shipped the engines to Hat they came with Alternators. I need the model or part number of the Alternator. 12 volt system. All I know is it's a delco.

Belt driven. Off the crank. Single belt. mounted low and outboard of the engines.

Not 10 SI model for sure, much bigger like truck units, most likely between 65 and 85 amps.

Yep, that is what I thought. If it were gear driven, I've got some old reference books that MIGHT have had something for you. As it is though the good news is that, with them being belt drive you have many ways to go. You can use just about anything that will fit AND even modify the brackets to make it fit. Can't do that with gear driven.

Actually, anything under 90 amps is considered small in the truck world (where I come from) and you have an opportunity here to step that up too if you want/need.

Sorry I can't be of more help with the numbers but, like I said, if you get backed into a corner there, you could simply use the dimensions to find a suitable replacement. Don't even need to go Delco either. I used to spec Leece-Neville instead of Delco when I did this everyday.

Good luck and here's hoping you find the "EASY WAY OUT".

Back