Logo

Suzuki DF300 Help

High Voltage

I have a pair of 2009 Suzuki DF300's . Th e starboard motor has an intermittent problem. Above ~3800 rpm it will sometimes sputter and decrease RPM or stop. It acts like it is being starved for fuel. When it starts sputtering, I can pull the throttle back and it will usually continue running at a lower RPM. I have checked and replaced the racor filter -- no water and not much crud, fuel looked good. No water in the motor separator. No diagnostic error codes. No kinks in the fuel line. Primer bulb is not collapsed. All fuel line connections between the tank pick-up and the motor are tight.

This does not happen all of the time. The last time out it ran great most of the day until the ride in. Then it happened about ten times shortly after exceeding ~3800 rpm. After that I stopped the motor for about 15 minutes (for FWC check!) and started it back up and it ran fine the last mile in.

Anyone else experienced this? Any helpful suggestions? Thanks!

Sure sound's like a fuel issue. Check previous work again. Inspect, clean or replace high pressure pump suction filter in vapor seperator and while you are inside, remove fuel pressure regulator and blow out with compressed air. Once statsified, you should locate a dealer or someone who has the Suzuki diagnostic system. Suzuki engine managment systems work wonderful, when they are well maintained. Saltwater takes a heavy toll on the shift position sensor,trim sensor,and netural safety switch. I would start with re calabrating the BCM and working my way to the stern. Oh, I forgot to mention that ethanol is destroying fuel delivery lines from the fuel tank to the motor. The hose's fail from the inside coming out. Be certain your fuel delivery system is set up for Ethanol. Thank's Martin

Back