Logo

Monark Crescent 3179 25HP not sparking

Adie

Hi all,

Apologies if this has been answered previously, I am unable to search the site due to a vBForum_Item error message.

I have recently acquired a 25hp Crescent 3179 serial number 2555198. The tiller is missing as it was rigged for steering controls. I'd like to use a tiller. It has a connecting section which has a circular splined thingy (I have no idea what it is or what it does). The fuel is pumping, the electric start is working, there is no spark from the plugs.

My questions are:

Any idea where I can find out the year of manufacture?

Can anyone tell me where I can download a manual?

Any tips on this not sparking?

Any assistance will be greatly received. Failing this I'll have to take it into the local marina for a service. I don't want to do this unless I can get a tiller.

Many thanks,

Adrian

England

Hi, very informative, thanks. I've noticed the two plugs are completely different the reach on one of them is much shorter so it will definately not work. Which plugs should this motor actually have in it? I'll try new plugs before I do anything else.

Regards,

Adrian

I have looked and can't find any hard information on the plugs, I suppose that somebody with old NKG data could find out but I would almost wager it uses a NGK B6HS don't take my word on it but the last Volvo 35 hp I knew of used this one, I think Volvo bought Crescent so.... measure the clearance at TDC before putting anything in the hole

Back