Logo

Help! Scout gas tank question

Mako21

I am taking my boat (22' Scout CC) to the dealer in a few days and they are sending it to S.C. for some warranty work. I didn't have time to run down the gas, so I decided to siphon it out with piece of small tubing. I got it down to the tank easy enough, but now the tube won't come back out. Does anyone know what could be holding it up? Is there a way to get to the gas tank through a hatch? I haven't looked around yet because I lost day light. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

I am taking my boat (22' Scout CC) to the dealer in a few days and they are sending it to S.C. for some warranty work. I didn't have time to run down the gas, so I decided to siphon it out with piece of small tubing. I got it down to the tank easy enough, but now the tube won't come back out. Does anyone know what could be holding it up? Is there a way to get to the gas tank through a hatch? I haven't looked around yet because I lost day light. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Ayuh,... The Easy way to drain the tank is pull the fuel line off the motor, attach an electric fuel pump, 'n Pump it off into a container,...

Back