Logo

livewells ?

modelt

Contributing Member
im restoring, turning a 14 ft. tri-hull fiberglass boat into a bass fishing boat.
it has an envirude 9.9 2 casting seats, one at the back in front of the transom and the other seat near the platform floor with a remote steering. and a front casting floor.
my thought is to add 2 cooler/ livewells in the middle on either side to blance the load.
i will be using a thru the hull pump for fresh water, the one cooler holding my minnows for bait.im using a seperate plastic food container inside the one cooler to seperate the minnows.
my question is do i really need the 2 livewells ?
will the 1 cooler/ livewell be enough ?

thanks,

rick

Last edited:
I'd have to ask how large are you planning to go with the wells???

a 14ft'er with a 9.9 on the back is going to recognize every extra pound you add and it doesn't have a "large" payload to start with...last thing you want to do is alter the boat's stability and find out when you fill the well...

the boat is rated at 985 pounds
the livewells are 54 quart coleman coolers, with water about 15 pounds each. a total weight of about 30 pounds , if i install both coolers.
remember the collers only being 3/4 full
and 2 over weight fishing guys, about 450 lbs
the dry weight of the enivrude is 115 pounds..

i actually intend on using a plastic food container inside the cooler to house my minnows.
and a "rule" live well pump, sucking fresh water in and re-circulating it on a timer.
my 9.9 does have its own charging system. are you saying i should seperate the rule pump to just that battery being charged from the 9.9 ?
makes sense .............

the boat is rated at 985 pounds
the livewells are 54 quart coleman coolers, with water about 15 pounds each. a total weight of about 30 pounds , if i install both coolers.
remember the collers only being 3/4 full

and 2 over weight fishing guys, about 450 lbs
the dry weight of the enivrude is 115 pounds..

Ayuh,.... Water is 'bout 8 lbs per gallon,...

2 13 gallon coolers, with 10 gallons each is Way more than 30 pounds,...

i decided to go with the 1 cooler, mainly to hold my minnows.
i mostly catch and release anyway, and who really wants to eat anything caught in any waters today ?
with all of the acid rain, chemical wash off

i decided to go with the 1 cooler, mainly to hold my minnows.
i mostly catch and release anyway, and who really wants to eat anything caught in any waters today ?
with all of the acid rain, chemical wash off

Ayuh,.... I like eatin' fish, 'n ain't to worried 'bout it,.....

HI…I am using Norchill coolers from last many years. I would like to suggest you for the same. Norchill insulated soft sided cooler bag and chest are best and largely sold product. It gives a large choice to select the best for you from different available size and colors. I like to use and recommend others because of its DualTemp Liners which are specially designed to outlive your activities. It consist of a 100% A grade polyethylene external skin with a non staining, non odor absorbing, impact resistant food grade internal liner. It is perfect for anything you want to keep hot, cold, dry, or undamaged. It is: Puncture resistant, Leak proof, fully insulated, Bags Soft and foldable, Cheap and affordable price with best quality. I would also like to share its link with you who will be helpful to you to choose the best: http://www.norchillcoolers.com/ Norchill coolers also deal in Cooler Bag and Cool Bags

HI…I am using Norchill coolers from last many years. I would like to suggest you for the same. Norchill insulated soft sided cooler bag and chest are best and largely sold product. It gives a large choice to select the best for you from different available size and colors. I like to use and recommend others because of its DualTemp Liners which are specially designed to outlive your activities. It consist of a 100% A grade polyethylene external skin with a non staining, non odor absorbing, impact resistant food grade internal liner. It is perfect for anything you want to keep hot, cold, dry, or undamaged. It is: Puncture resistant, Leak proof, fully insulated, Bags Soft and foldable, Cheap and affordable price with best quality. I would also like to share its link with you who will be helpful to you to choose the best: http://www.norchillcoolers.com/ Norchill coolers also deal in Cooler Bag and Cool Bags

Ayuh,.... That sounds more like Spam, than advice,....

i dont tournament bass fish any more..when i use shiners(minnows) i have found that a good styrofoam(the white porous ones) with a lid keeps shiners fine...just make sure when you store the box that the lid is on tight so it cant get contaminated by fumes or bug spray etc...once any of that stuff gets in the foam its useless and will kill shiners quickly...although i have a live box both in the boat and another at camp i dont use them...i have found over the years that two coolers work fine...one in the boat for fish i am going to keep and eat and one at the camp for cleaned fish only...ice can be a problem unless you have access to a freezer...keep it simple and clean is my motto...my fishing partner knows if he forgets his cooler he can go buy one....and i got a forgetful fishing partner...most people do that own a camp...

Back