Logo

1992 mariner 50hp 3 cylinder, rough running. weak spark on 2 cylinders

nath-rszt

Hi all, I have a 1992 mariner 50hp 2stroke 3 cylinder and I bought the engine knowing it hadn't been run in a while. I've got it running but its not running right. I've put some spark tester light things on the plugs to check they where all firing. Cylinder 1 and 3 seems to have a weak spark when revved up. Number 2 cylinder fires a continuos big spark yet the other 2 seem to die off when revved. If anyone has any advice or input on what to test or check before I spent money on it. thank you

It's either the coils or the switch box. Try swapping the coils and see if the problem moves to the new location.

Jeff

Re: 1992 mariner 50hp 3 cylinder, rough running. weak spark on 2 cylinders video added

It's either the coils or the switch box. Try swapping the coils and see if the problem moves to the new location.

Jeff

Tried swapping coils around made absolute no difference. on closer inspection everytime the engine dies down the spark weakens on all cylinders. If you run it on low revs you can see the spark picks back up and all the cylinders kick back in. I have included a video of it running to try and get what I mean across. Any help would be great. thanks

Back