Logo

PCM PRO-BOSS GT40 RPM Failures

PT Skier

Hello,

I own a 1995 Ski Nautique with a PCM Pro-Boss GT40 EFI engine and this summer I started having some problems with inconsistent RPM at all speeds.

IMG_2942.jpg

IMG_2941.jpg

While I'm driving I hear very slight and short (but constant) RPM breakdowns. It seems that the engine is having very fast hiccups. I barely feel any speed changes and the indicator on the RPM gauge varies only slightly but you can clearly hear that the engine is running inconsistently. Furthermore, I only have this problem while driving. If I disengage the shift mechanism I don't feel the problem when I advance the throtle

I replaced the HP and LP three years ago and I had my gas filters changed last month.

Do you have any idea where I should start looking with my mechanic? Do you think there maybe be shortages of fuel delivery to the engine? Could it be a problem with the injectors?

Thanks in advance!

I believe if you scan the posts here and on other sites, you will find that the ignition system of those engines have common failure items and the parts are very hard to obtain (and expensive when available)...

You will have to do some trouble shooting to verify the cause of the "hiccups"...

There isn't a lot ov value in comparing the engine's behavior unloaded to that when loaded....lots of things change...

Back